Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site.
(Last amended on 13th March 2019.)
What’s in these terms?
These Terms and Conditions tell you the rules for using our website www.thearticle.com (our site) and they are provided in a layered format so you can click through to one of the specific areas set out below:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these Terms and Conditions
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for sites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- When we are responsible for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Rules about uploading content to our site
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Who we are and how to contact us
www.thearticle.com is a site operated by The Quad Journal Ltd (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” and “our” in these Terms & Conditions). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10915953 and have our registered office at 40 Bowling Green Lane, London EC1R 0NE. Our main trading address is 40 Bowling Green Lane, London EC1R 0NE. Our VAT number is 286 8108 68. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Quad Journal Ltd (TheArticle), 40 Bowling Green Lane, London EC1R 0NE.
By using our site you accept these Terms and Conditions
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
These Terms and Conditions refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these Terms and Conditions
We amend these terms from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand the terms that apply whenever you use our site.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to ensure that you have the best possible experience. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and other applicable terms, and that they comply with them.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it (with the exception of “thumbnails” and associated content from third-party websites which users have posted on our website). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
User-generated content is not approved by us
Our website is designed to stimulate and facilitate lively discussion around topics covered in the articles we publish, or published elsewhere. This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site on their and others’ public profiles. These contributions have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by users of our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users, as a signed-in user you can report a concern directly from the profile, post or comment you wish to complain about. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to The Quad Journal Ltd (TheArticle), 40 Bowling Green Lane, London EC1R 0NE.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you post any form of content on our site, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us [and other users of our site] a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- A perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform that user generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media.
- To use the content to promote this website or service.
- To allow third parties, such as other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes or in accordance with the functionality of the site.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?